PADI Advanced Freediver
PADI Advanced Freediving with Nemo Diving Center
Take your freediving skills a step further (or deeper) by enrolling in our PADI Advanced Freediver course. This three-part course will enhance what you've learned from the Freediver course and allow you to stay underwater longer or reach new depths safely. Knowledge development is the first part and you can start this at your own time and at your own pace by signing up for the PADI Freediver eLearning which covers advanced techniques as well as the equipment needed if you want to dive deeper. Upon reading the online materials, you can then proceed to the rest of the course which is the confined and open water sessions.
In the confined water sessions, our trainers will teach you new ways of stretching and relaxing as well as refine your static and dynamic apnea techniques. By the end of the confined water training, you'll be able to safely stay underwater for 150 seconds (120 seconds for freedivers under 18) and dive 50 metres/165 feet (40 metres/130 feet for freedivers under 18).
In the last phase, you get to practice deeper free immersion and constant weight freedives under the guidance of our instructors. Our goal is to teach you how to dive 20 meters/65 feet under open water settings (15 metres/50 feet for freedivers younger than 18).
Aside from helping you fine-tune your freediving skills, our world-class instructors will discuss how your body operates during apnea.
Advanced Freediver pre-requisites
Interested participants should:
- be at least 15 years old
- be in good health
- have a PADI Freediver certification or equivalent certification from other freediver organization
- submit the PADI Medical History Form regarding medical conditions
- pass a swimming and fitness assessment
- complete an Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months
How to start e-Learning
After settling the payment, wait for an email from PADI within 24 hours containing the redeem code which you can use to create your own account on the PADI website. This will give you access to the Advanced Freediver Manual or Advanced Freediver Touch app which is composed of knowledge review, video materials, quizzes, and other interactive references. The most awaited water training is next after you pass the final exam.
You can also register for the e-Learning segment by clicking here.
We're excited to meet you on the agreed schedule at the Nemo Diving Center in Fujairah which is located at the Blue Diamond Hotel to help you fill out some forms and try on your scuba equipment. Then our PADI-certified instructors will take you to the dive site in Fujairah for the confined water and open water session.
What to bring with you
- Comfortable swimming attire and footwear
- Extra set of clothes
Things you should know
- For payment, you can conveniently click on the “Check Availability” button on this page or access a payment link sent through email. You can also send payment via wire transfer.
- If you have medical issues, you need to get the assessment of your physician and have the form signed to confirm that you are fit to dive.
- The swimming and fitness assessment involves a continuous 200-meter swim or 300-meter swim using a mask, fins, and snorkel.
- You can contact us if you have questions or concerns.