PADI Basic Freediver
PADI Basic Freediving with Nemo Diving Center
Freediving is descending underwater without the use of oxygen tanks or other breathing apparatus; all you need is a mask, a snorkel, and fins. By signing up to our Basic Freediving lessons, you get to safely learn freediving essentials from world-class instructors.
The PADI Basic Freediver is a subset of the PADI Freediver and consists of two main parts. The first part is knowledge development where you can study freediving principles independently and in the conform of your home through eLearning lessons. The second part is applying what you learned through confined water sessions. Our PADI-certified instructors will accompany you to calm confined waters of Fujairah where you can practice breath-holding techniques including static (90 seconds goal) and dynamic apnea (target of 25 metres/80 feet).
Basic Freediving pre-requisites
Interested participants should:
- be at least 12 years old
- be in good health
- submit the PADI Medical History Form regarding medical conditions
- pass a swimming and fitness assessment
How to start e-Learning
You will have access to the e-Learning training materials after settling your payment. You will receive an email from PADI within 24 hours containing the redeem code which you can use to create your own account on the PADI website. This will allow you to use the Basic Freediver manual or Basic Freediver Touch app which is a combination of knowledge review, video materials, quizzes, and other interactive references. After passing the final exam then you can proceed to the fun training part.
You can also register for the e-Learning segment by clicking here.
After completing the eLearning requirements, you can proceed to the in-water training by choosing your preferred schedule. We are excited to see you at the Nemo Diving Center in Fujairah located at the Blue Diamond Hotel on the agreed schedule so you can complete some forms and try on your freediving equipment. The most awaited part of the course takes place as you head to the dive site with our PADI-certified instructors for your Basic Freediver training.
What to bring with you
- Comfortable swimming attire and footwear
- Extra set of clothes
Things you should know
- Payment is simple; just click on the “Check Availability” button on this page or access a payment link sent through email. You can also send it through wire transfer.
- If you have medical issues, you need to get the assessment of your physician and have the form signed to confirm that you are fit to dive.
- The swimming and fitness assessment involves a continuous 200-meter swim or 300-meter swim using a mask, fins, and snorkel.
- You can contact us if you have questions or concerns.