PADI Freediver training with Nemo Diving Center
If you’re interested in being a certified freediver and learning more breathing techniques, then the PADI Freediver course is just what you need. This course is composed of three main phases. The first phase is all about knowledge development which includes the basic swimming and breathing principles. You can begin the first phase at the comfort of your own home by signing up for the Freediving eLearning lessons from PADI.
Once you have studied the eLearning materials, our world-class instructors will accompany you to the Fujairah dive site for your actual freediver training which is the confined water session. By the end of the confined water session, you'll be able to last 90 seconds with static breath-holding and be able to safely dive 25 meters/80 feet underwater with dynamic apnea techniques. The last part is the open water sessions where you can practice free immersion and constant weight freedives (a goal of 10 meters/30 feet) with the addition of proper buddy procedures. Like the second phase, the training will be held at Fujairah with our instructors.
PADI Freediver pre-requisites
Interested participants should:
- be at least 15 years old
- be in good health
- submit the PADI Medical History Form regarding medical conditions
- pass a swimming and fitness assessment
How to start e-Learning
Once your payment has been settled, you can begin studying the e-Learning training materials. An email from PADI will be sent to you within 24 hours containing the redeem code which you can use to create your own account on the PADI website. This will give you access to the Freediver Manual or Freediver Touch app which contains sections of knowledge review, video materials, quizzes, and other interactive references. After passing the final exam, you’re ready for the in-water training.
You can also register for the e-Learning segment by clicking here.
After completing all the requirements of the eLearning, you will be able to advance to the actual in-water training by choosing a schedule that is most convenient for you. Our team is enthusiastic to meet you at the Nemo Diving Center in Fujairah located at the Blue Diamond Hotel on the agreed schedule so you can complete some forms and try on your scuba equipment. After that, you can head to the dive site together with our PADI-certified instructors for your practical training.
What to bring with you
- Comfortable swimming attire and footwear
- Extra set of clothes
Things you should know
- To send your payment, just click on the “Check Availability” button on this page or access a payment link sent through email. You may also send your payment through wire transfer.
- For those interested but have medical conditions, you need to get the assessment of your physician and have the form signed to confirm that you are fit to dive.
- The swimming and fitness assessment involves a continuous 200-meter swim or 300-meter swim using a mask, fins, and snorkel.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or concerns.