PADI Advanced Open Water Diving with Nemo Diving Center
This is a three-day course that will provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to be qualified to scuba in more challenging dive sites around the world. You will receive a license from PADI and be able to dive to a depth of 30m with a dive buddy upon fulfilling all the course requirements.
The course begins with self-study of e-Learning materials, which you can access at home, to comprehend the vital theories of diving before proceeding to the actual diving lessons. After that, our PADI-certified instructors will help you build your confidence and develop your scuba skills through five adventure dives- three of which are compulsory dives while the other two descents can be based on your personal interests and preferences. You'll hone your skills by completing the five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 meters/ 60-100 feet)
- An introduction to three more Adventure Dives of your choice
- You can try Wreck Diving, Night Diving, Search and Recovery, Peak Performance Buoyancy and much more.
Don’t worry about the scuba diving equipment because it’s included in the package.
Advanced Open Water pre-requisites
Interested participants should:
- be a PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- be at least 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water diver)
- be in good health
- know how to swim
How to start e-Learning
After posting your payment, wait for the email from PADI containing the redeem code which you can use to get started immediately. Please check your inbox as the email will be sent within 24 hours. Simply follow the link and create an account on the PADI website and log-in to acquire the Advanced Open Water Manual or Advanced Open Water Touch app which contains sections of reading materials, videos, and interactive presentations. After going through all the online review materials, if you’re ready for the next phase of the course.
You can also register for the e-Learning segment by clicking here.
In-water scuba lessons
Upon finishing the e-Learning lessons, you can proceed to the thrilling highlight of the course, the adventure dives! Just get in touch with us to schedule the date and time of your dives according to your personal preference.
- practical aspects of deep diving
- physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- more ways to use your underwater compass
- how to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- how to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive Planners (eRDPTM)
- and much, much more, depending on the adventure dives you choose
The meeting point is at the Nemo Diving Center on the day of the dive to fill out some forms and try on your scuba equipment. When you’re done, you will be accompanied by our PADI-certified instructors to the beach of Dukes Hotel in Dubai for your five adventure dives. There will be three compulsory dives to practice Deep Dive, Navigation, and Peak Performance Buoyancy. The last remaining couple of dives will be up to you, you can select from a number of available options.
What to bring with you
- Comfortable swimming attire and footwear
- Extra set of clothes
Things you should know
- You must read the first 2 chapters of the e-Learning course before starting the dive sessions.
- It usually takes 2 or 3 days to finish the course but it also depends on your performance - we want to be sure that you're confident enough when under water.
- The diving sessions don't have to be 3 consecutive days; you can take the succeeding session/s on a later date as long as it is within 6 months of the first one. Just let us know and we would be happy to arrange the sessions at a time that is convenient for you.
- You can always contact us if you have questions or need any help.