PADI Open Water Diving Course Dubai
About the Open Water Diving Course
The Open Water Diver Course is a three-day program that helps you gain the knowledge and skills needed to become a PADI-certified diver. Once you enroll in this course, you will start by going through e-Learning materials to learn about the theories of diving. There's no need to hurry as you can study the online lessons at home and at your own pace. The in-water training will be held at the beach of Dukes Hotel in Dubai where you can apply your new knowledge and skills in confined waters before proceeding to open water dives. Our PADI-certified scuba instructors will be with you every step of the way to ensure the dives are both safe and fun!
The Open Water Diving lessons involve a combination of nine dives: five confined water and four open water dives. No need to purchase or rent scuba diving equipment, we will provide them for you as they are included in the package.
Upon completion, you will receive a certification from PADI and you'll be qualified to dive to a depth of 18m with a dive buddy. For children (10 - 14 years old) who completed this course, they will be certified to dive to a depth of 12m with a guardian or a PADI Pro.
Interested participants should be:
- at least 10 years old or older
- in good health
- knows how to swim
How to start the e-Learning part?
Within 24 hours after sending your payment, you will receive an email from PADI containing a redeem code. Use this redeem code to create an account and log-in to the PADI website to be granted access to the Open Water Touch app or the Open Water Manual. The Open Water Manual or Open Water Touch is divided into 5 sections and contains interactive presentations, videos, audios, and other reading materials about the course. There will be a final assessment and a table exam at the end of e-Learning course to gauge if you are ready for the actual lessons in the water.
You can also register for the e-Learning segment by clicking here.
In-water scuba lessons
After reading the online course materials, it's time for the fun part - the actual dives! Let us know your preferred time and date and we will take care of the rest. Please meet us at the Nemo Diving Center at your desired date to fill out some forms and to fit your scuba equipment. Our PADI-certified instructors will then accompany you to the beach of Dukes Hotel or other dive sites in Dubai to continue the Open Water Course. All in all, there will be 5 confined water dives in one session and 4 open water dives in two sessions.
What to bring with you
- Comfortable swimming attire and footwear
- Extra set of clothes
Things you should know
- You must read the first 2 chapters of the e-Learning course before starting the dive sessions.
- It usually takes 2 or 3 days to finish the course but it also depends on your performance - we want to be sure that you're confident enough when under water.
- The diving sessions don't have to be 3 consecutive days, you can take the succeeding session/s on a later date as long as it is within 6 months of the first one. Just let us know and we would be happy to arrange the sessions at a time that is convenient for you.
- Payment can be sent by clicking on the "Book Now" button on this page or we can send you a payment link. A third option will be a wire transfer.
- You can always contact us if you have questions or need any help.
Course Duration: 3 days (3 sessions)
Session Duration: 2 to 3 hours
Starting times: 9AM, 12PM, or 3PM (daily)
------- Add-ons -------
e-Learning course: 370AED
Important: You must pass the e-Learning segment before the end of the course.
You might also be interested in
Basic Scuba Diving Course
Advanced Open Water Course
Rescue Diver Course